I have worked for over 20 years at Charles Stanley, a listed investment management and stockbroking firm based in the City. I am the fourth generation of my family to work in the business and to be involved in the civic City.
As a senior compliance officer and the policy adviser to the industry trade association, the Wealth Management Association, I focus on regulatory policy development in London and Brussels. This brings me into contact with other trade associations, as well as with the FCA, HM Treasury and the European Commission.
I am aged 45 and am:
- a graduate of Oxford University and London Business School – and a Boxing ‘Blue‘
- Upper Warden of the Lime Street & Cornhill Ward Club
- independent of any political party
- a member of the City Corporation’s Investment Committee, which oversees the authority’s property and investment portfolios
- a member of the open Spaces and Planning & Transportation Committees
- a Liveryman in two Livery Companies, the Worshipful Company of Gardeners and the Fletchers. I am a member of the governing Court of the Gardeners, where I chair the General Purposes Committee
- a governor of Capel Manor College in Enfield, London’s premier horticultural college, and a trustee of Central Foundation Schools of London, which runs two voluntary-aided comprehensive secondaries: one for boys in Old Street, and one for girls in Bow